Prof. Kenneth LeithwoodMuhammad Babur
University of Toronto, Canada
Theory and Policy Studies in Education
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) University of Toronto, Canada
- Research interests: leadership, policy and school improvement; and has widely published on these topics.
- These interests have been pursued through more focused inquiries about alternative conceptions of leadership, the cognitive and emotional processes of leaders, leadership development, organizational learning and leadership for both local and large-scale school reform
- His most recent studies concern leadership in both highly accountable policy contexts and in schools with diverse student populations; through several large-scale, longitudinal studies underway, he is presently trying to better understand the complex practices and processes through which successful leaders improve teaching and learning in their schools
- Senior editor of both the first and second International Handbooks on Educational Leadership and Administration (Kluwer Publishers, 1996, 2003).
- His most recent books include Distributed leadership: The state-of-the-science (2008); Leadership With Teachers’ Emotions In Mind (2008); Making Schools Smarter (3rd edition, 2006); and Teaching for Deep Understanding (2006)
- Recent recipient of the University of Toronto’s Impact on Public Policy award
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada